The Crafter’s Companion has quite a few adorable stamp images on their site. One of the stamp groups is called Flower Fairy Friends and one of the images is called Candtuft. I used the image to create a card for Holly‘s Hope you Can Cling to Challenge.

A piece of Neenah Solar White cardstock was cut and embossed with the largest of the Lattice Rectangle Nestabilities dies. The image was stamped on that piece with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and colored with Copic Markers (Wings and Shorts: V01, V12, V15, Skin: E0000, E00, E01, Hair: YR24, E37, E39, E29 Stems: YG93, YG95, YG97 Bloom: Y00, Y11, Y13, Y15 Background: B0000, B000, B00, B01, V01, Y11). The inner edges of the rectangle were sewn and Silver Kaisercraft Rhinestones were added to the upper right hand corner. Stardust Stickles was applied to the wings, Yellow Stickles to the flowers.

A piece of Fly A Kite October Afternoon paper was adhered to a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Weathervane OA paper before both layers were stitched to a 3 /16″ bigger piece of black cardstock.  The image was adhered to the layers with dimensionals. I threaded White Organdy Ribbon through one of the lattice holes of the rectangle, tied a bow and topped it with a Basic Grey Button.

A sentiment from the same stamp set was stamped to a piece of cardstock cut and embossed with Petite Oval Nestabilities. It was ahhered under the bow and decorated with more Silver Kaisercraft Rhinestones.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day.
Hugs and smiles

Thursday’s HYCCT challenge hostess was the wonderful Bev Gerard, aka. Texasgrammy. Bev asked us to create a card with a window. I had just received this Popcorn Bear image that has a front and back and thought it would be a great for this challenge.

I stamped both the front and back in Tuxedo Black Memento Black on Neenah Solar White cardstock, colored them with Copic Markers (Fur: E0000, E30, E31, E33   Flower: RV21, R20, R21 , R22, G21, G24, G28   Blanket: Y21, Y23, YR23, YR24, E39, E29) and cut them out.


A 2 1/8″ x 4 1/2″ piece of MME Lost & Found Market Street was adhered to a 4 1/2″ square of the same paper pack. A window was cut through it with a Classic Circle Nestabilities die. The layers were stitched to a 4 3/4″ square of white cardstock and then the same die was used to cut the circle window through that layer as well.

The card base is a 5″ x 10 piece of Textured Kraft cardstock. It was scored in half. The layers were adhered with repositionable adhesive and the die was used to cut the window in the card front. The cut didn’t go through all three layers, so after I ran it through once, I took the other layers off. I placed the die on the impression it left through the first run through the die cut machine and cut the window into the card base.

A piece of white cardstock was cut with the largest Heart Circle Die and a Classic Circle die to create a frame for my window. It was adhered with dimensional to the window. Baby Rhinestone Bling pieces were added under each heart. A Rhinestone swirl was cut apart. Part was adhered to the upper right, another to the lower left of the card front.

The sentiment is also from the Popcorn Bear set. It was stamped on a piece of white cardstock, cut and embossed with the smallest Petite Oval Nestabilities. The center was airbrushed with Copic Marker Y21. The flower from the main image was stamped to the left side of the oval with Scattered Straw Distress Ink and the sentiment was stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento ink.

For the left inside of the card I cut another frame like the one in the front. The bear was adhered on the front top and the bottom on the inside.  On the right side two small strips of patterned paper were stitched to the lower half of a 4 3/4″ square of white cardstock .

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you have time this month to make at least one card for the HYCCT challenges and send it to the hospital. Have a wonderful day!

Hugs and smiles

© 2012 fresh & fun Suffusion theme by Sayontan Sinha